DEUTSCHES OPERN FORUM DIE UNIVERSALE STIMME DER AKADEMISCHEN WISSENSCHAFT IN DER OPER
Prof. Dr. med. Walentina Sidorenko
The effects of Medical Resonance
Therapy Music® on the unborn child
A lecture of Prof. Prof. Dr. med. Walentina Sidorenko on the
XIV International Congress
The Fetus as a Patient & Fetal Cardiology
Congress Centrum RAI, Amsterdam
Prof. Dr. med.
Medical University Minsk, Belarus
reporting at the XIV International Congress on
‘The Foetus as a Patient &
The congress was accredited
by the following medical
- The Dutch Society of
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- RijksInstitute voor ziekteen invaliditeitsverzekering
- The Slovenian Association
of Perinatal Medicine
- The South African Society
of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
I would like to begin by thanking Professor Van Geijn (Congress President, publisher’s note) for inviting me to present the results of our research on the effects of Medical Resonance Therapy Music® on pregnancy and on the foetus. I would particularly also like to thank the developer of Medical Resonance Therapy Music®, the classical composer and musicologist Peter Hübner, for his help and cooperation with these studies, which have opened up new possibilities in the medical treatment of pregnancy problems.
Before I begin with my report, I would like to mention that all questions on the very specialized musical structure of Medical Resonance Therapy Music® are best directed to the composer himself – all those interested can obtain his office address from me at the end of my talk.
The relationship between mother and child prior to birth is of great significance for the physical and psycho-spiritual health of the foetus. Everything the pregnant mother experiences her child experiences too.
The congress ‘Foetus as a Patient & Foetal Cardiology’ is the leading international scientific and medical congress for the health of the unborn child.
Over 1.000 medical experts from all over the world gynecologists, cardiologists, and surgeons – meet annually in a different country in order to present the latest research findings and advances in the medical treatment of the unborn child. Focus points of the event include the diagnostics of foetal health problems and the possibilities for their treatment.
Prof. Dr. med. W. Sidorenko’s contribution was one of 10 contributions to the conference which had been selected for the section on treatment, and made, at the same time, an outstanding contribution to the theme of the successful prevention of problems during pregnancy.
For the growing child, the mother represents the first and original universe, its ‘living’ source of raw materials; the mother is its coordinating point and connecting point to the outside world.
The feelings of the mother are transmitted to the child, and they may have both positive and negative effects on its body and on its psycho-spiritual world. The foetus develops very rapidly and is, therefore, also very susceptible to harmful external influences. For this reason the child should be protected as far as possible from all harmful external influences. Music in harmony with nature: art helps the nature of the child to create a natural inner harmony and its natural sense of beauty to unfold.
Since ancient times music structured according to the natural laws of harmony has been recognized as an important medicament; it is an old companion to the doctor in his art of healing.
Long before our times, the renowned Greek physician, scientist, philosopher and musician Pythagoras considered that music created according to the natural laws of harmony was superior to all other medication and therapeutic possibilities – he valued and nurtured it as a universal media for treating body, mind and soul.
Peter Hübner’s Medical Resonance Therapy Music® (in the following often abbreviated as MRT-Music) follows the natural laws of harmony as they are present in the microcosm of music, and today it represents a new, promising phenomenon in modern medicine. During the last 4 years we have carried out diverse studies on the effects of this medical music, and used it successfully, both in the prevention of illness and in the treatment of sick expectant mothers.
Our results document that Medical Resonance Therapy Music®
as a monotherapy, that is if we carry out no additional treatment, has the following effects:
- It prevents sleep disorders and normalizes sleep in 68% of expectant mothers with sleep disorders
- A reduction in the number of premature births in the MRT-Music® group to 6.2%, compared to 14% in the control group.
- It normalizes the blood pressure in 34% of expectant mothers with high arterial blood pressure
- It reduces the symptoms of threatened loss of the pregnancy in 56% of the women at risk
- When MRT-Music® is used, the expectant mothers sense the first movements of their child 2-3 weeks earlier than pregnant women who are treated without any form of Medical Resonance Therapy Music®.
Three of the most serious problems in obstetrics are the spontaneous loss of the pregnancy, miscarriage and premature birth.
is used as monotherapy or as part of complex treatment, we observed the following effects:
- A reduction in the number of premature births in the MRT-Music® group to 6.2%, compared to 14% in the control group
- A fall in excessive levels of the hormones cortisol and estradiol by 17%
- An increase in the level where the pregnancy hormone progesterone is too low, by a factor of 1.8
- An improvement of the psycho-physiological condition in 68% of the women in the MRT-Music® group, determined by using the psycho-physiological test Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Index